NEVER GO BACK by Lee Child (#18 Jack Reacher Series)

I am a Jack Reacher novice - this is only the second one I have read, sort of foisted upon me at a holiday accommodation place where guests can swap a read book for an unread one. This was the only one that appealed, so I began. The reviews from other readers seem to be a bit rubbish, but I liked it! Perfect reading fodder for long haul flights, sitting in a terminal, lounging by a pool, recovering from a gastric episode in your hotel room. No brain required to read and digest, plenty of action, odd characters, possibly ridiculous and unrealistic plot happenings, but rollicking good fun. A book that filled a purpose most perfectly. And apparently this story is the bones of the second Jack Reacher movie. Wow - with 17 others to choose from, I wonder what was special about this one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment